Being in contact with our furry friends makes us happier and more positive. As children, we may sometimes feel that our parents favor our pets over us. This feeling is not uncommon, and it can lead to jealousy, resentment, and even conflict within the family.
When it comes to the age-old question of who’s mom’s favorite, you or her pet, the answer can be a tricky one. So, how can you tell if your mom loves you more than her pet or vice versa?
Well, the truth is, it’s not a competition, and a mother’s love is not something that can be measured or compared. A pet is not a replacement for a child, and vice versa. They each have their own unique place in a mother’s heart.
Mom’s love for her kids and pet
A mother’s love is one of the most powerful and enduring forces in the world, and it extends not only to her children but also to her pets. Overall, the relationship between a mom and her pet is often one of unconditional love and companionship, and is a testament to the special bond that can exist between humans and animals.
Pets are often considered to be members of the family, and a mom’s love for her pet is characterized by the same level of nurturing and protectiveness as her love for her children. She will do anything to ensure that her pet is healthy and happy, and will often go above and beyond to make sure that their needs are met.
Top 10 signs of a pet fanatic mom
Many moms will go to great lengths to ensure that their pet is happy and healthy. Is your mom over the moon about her pet? Can’t stop awwww-ing over her pet? Find out just how crazy your mom is for these furry members.
- Creating a social media account for her pet: Her pet has their own Instagram account. Giving her pet a ‘voice’ is a sure tell-tale sign that she’s a pet lover! Also your mom is in social media groups that have been specifically created for pet lovers.
- Throwing a pet a birthday party: Your mom wants to throw a birthday party for her pet.
- Buying pet clothes or fancy accessories: chances are that her four-legged child has more accessories than you. She probably sleeps in animal printed pajamas, has animal slippers, or a favorite animal themed piece of jewelry.
- The pet eats better than you do: Spending more money on a meal for a pet than a meal for themselves. If your mom ever purchased premium pet food or treats for your pet, but you usually buy “store brand” food or plan meals around whatever is on sale when feeding yourself – she’s probably a dog mom. Your house might be filled with figurines, paintings, and other paraphernalia of your mom’s pet.
- She sleeps with her pet: Allowing a pet to regularly sleep on the bed with them means she’s probably a pet lover. Their pet’s comfort is more important than her own. She lets her pet sleep on her bed, even if it causes her partner to sleep in a tiny section.
- Twinning outfits: Matching her outfit to a pet’s outfit. She might have an entire closet of TWINNING outfits. She has seriously considered changing her hair color to match.
- Her vacation plans involve her pet: If your mom is a pet lover, she may cancel plans because her pet couldn’t come along. She might have made travel plans around her pet.
- Takes TONS of pictures of her pet: There are more pictures of her pet on her phone than all of your friends and family combined.
- Takes her pet to a pet-friendly spa: Pet lovers everywhere can relate to taking their pet to a pet-friendly spa.
- Refers to her pet as her “child”: Calling her pet their “child” or “baby” and kissing her pet when coming home from work points that your mom is a pet fanatic.
We must understand that a mom’s love is not a competition between their kids and pets. A mother’s love for her children and pets is characterized by an unbreakable bond and a deep sense of compassion and empathy. It is a love that is truly special and unique.
Pet Portraits can be a wonderful way to celebrate and honor your mom’s love for her furry children. Capture your mom’s perfect pet photo, and then order your custom pet portrait from Apple Pie Painting! These custom pet portraits make the perfect gift for pet moms and all pet lovers.